Content

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Event: "Ahoy, It's A Boy" Theme for a Babyshower







i was asked to design a baby shower for a baby boy. I came up with something a little different. Why not a nautical theme? The idea was simple and cute and now my next task would be to be able to find nautical items in a timely fashion. But I did and it came out beautifully. 



The Invite

I researched many designers and their nautical artwork and this invitation stood out the most. The words themselves formed an anchor and the colors matched what I was going for perfectly. 


The Touches

Original Invitation


1. Heat Tranfer image for Custom Pillow
2. Cake Pops
3 & 4: Stickers for Favor Boxes

Unique Idea: Ribbon sash around belly 


Completed Party Favors

The Decor











To see more pictures, click here to visit our FB gallery. . 

Party Details

I designed this Nautical baby shower a while back but haven't been able to post the details. I had free reign if the baby was a boy and so I was able to come up with whatever I decided. I was watching Popeye and instantly thought of a Nautical themed baby shower.  

For this party, I decorated the guest tables with white soft cloth linens and a navy blue runner, Tabletops all featured a piece of nautical decor - lanterns, anchors, sand and sea shells. I competed the look with the vintage nautical images I had printed on card stock, nautical themed napkins and the party favor boxes. It looked so elegant and was indeed very inexpensive. 
The main cake table was designed with a cake trio. I wanted the cakes to be the main attraction and so I placed very few items on the table. The linen was a soft t-shirt material with a navy blue and beige tablecloth. It set the stage for the decor with beige, red, navy blue and light blue.  I added a vintage sailboat, star fishes and sand vases. 
Her chair was covered in linens and I made her a custom pillow with the same custom image I had used on the onesie hanging on the wall. 
It was one of my favorite parties to design and the mom-to-be loved everything. 
If you have a theme in mind for your next event and need help executing it, we can help you create an inspiration design board. For more info, visit our etsy shop. 

Best, 


0 comments:

Behind The Web

Pages

Blogroll

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Followers

About

About

Follow me on Facebook :P

Something