Content

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Event: "I Love Lucy" Inspired Theme







i had the pleasure to work on my niece's 1st birthday party! The darling girl was born on Valentine's Day so anything love related was appropriate. I, of course, did not want to do the generic valentine's hearts and pink and red - I thought of something a little more vintage and never before seen. 









I got my inspiration one night while going through my DVD's - I came across these images. I instantly thought of the red heart that is part of the opening of the show and the black and white polka dot dress she so often wore with her red lipstick. These things became part of my decor. I made it a little younger by also adding the red and white polka dots. 




Table decor was a cardboard wrapped with polka dot and red strips going across the table. Vases were full of black and white sand white red gravel to top them. The main centerpiece was a white frame (purchased at Michael's for a dollar) and some scrapbook embellishments. I made the pictures black and white to keep the vintage feel going. 




It was by far one of the best themes I've ever done and would love to do again! 
What do you think of it? View more pics at our FB gallery! 


If you'd like your next baby shower, birthday party, or any event, we offer great prices. Send us an email! 


Best,

0 comments:

Behind The Web

Pages

Blogroll

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.

Pages - Menu

Followers

About

About

Follow me on Facebook :P

Something